Saturday, April 6, 2013

Walnut Raspberry Pi Enclosure - Pt. 5

Continue on with this project:


I marked all the ports and started at the Drill Press. I drilled larger holes for the RCA and 3.5mm jacks and those will be left like that. The HDMI, Power, and SD slots are squares and I started by drilling smaller holes around the outside then cleaned them up with the chisel and exacto knife.


I used a pull saw I have for cutting dove tails to cut out the USB and RJ-45 holes. Any saw that you can cut a clean line with will do.


A neat trick I learned a while back is to score the cut line with an knife then cut on the inside of the line. It will virtually eliminate tear out from the saw tooth. You can see the left side (that I don't care about) I torn up pretty good where as the right side is all sorts of pretty. :)


Some test fitting to make sure everything works out and I mark the mounting holes to be drilled out from the bottom.







Continue on with this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment