Sunday, April 7, 2013

Walnut Raspberry Pi Enclosure - Pt. 6

Continue on with this project:


I sourced some 4-40 by 3/4" machine screws with nuts for about 2 bucks at Lowes and got some nylon spacers that I cut down to 3/16" to bring the board off the bottom.



I love LOVE love Sticky backed sandpaper! I'll take a big piece and stick it straight to the table saw. I know I have a perfectly flat surface. Here I have some 120 and 220 grit. along with a block for the insides, and some on a flat head screw driver to get in the corners good. After I was done with the 220 I used some 400 then 600 then 800 THEN 1200. those I had to tape down the ends on but you are being so gentle at this point taping it down is just fine.  I did a lot of hand (one finger or two wrapped in sand paper) at this point to get out all the tool marks and get it ready for some mineral oil. This is NOT the step to short your self on. once the oil or stain is on you can go back and sand out a tool mark very easily. 


Heres a sneak peak, glamor shots in the next post.



Continue on with this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment