Friday, March 22, 2013

Walnut Raspberry Pi Enclosure - Pt. 1

Continue on with this project:


Inspiration... 

Unmilled but well conditioned 8/4" stock

Some times all you need a bit of scrap wood. 2 years ago I made a number of nice end grain cutting boards for the family as gifts. I used 10' long sections of 8/4 stock and still have some Cherry, Oak, and Walnut left over. I happen to love the look of Walnut and when it came to making an inclosure for the Raspberry Pi I couldn't think of anything else.

I had seen some other wood cases but they where always 6 pieces of wood glued/naild/etc together to make a box. I wanted it to be one hunk of wood and my intentions where to carve out a home for the Raspberry Pi to live.

2" thick... should provide some good room to work with.
My initial thoughts on the design.

Continue on with this project:




No comments:

Post a Comment